PETRONAS Appoints Vestigo Operator of Malaysia's Berantai RSC
Malaysia's national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) appointed Wednesday its wholly-owned subsidiary Vestigo Petroleum Sdn Bhd as operator of the Berantai field in Block PM 309, located about 93 miles (150 kilometers) offshore Terangganu, Malaysia, following the cessation of the Berantai Risk Service Contract (RSC) with the previous contractors announced July 11.
"The appointment of Vestigo is in line with PETRONAS’ effort to extend the economic life of the field and maximize the long term value of the asset," the company said in a press release.
Vestigo specializes in the development and production of small and marginal fields and currently operates the Tembikai field under the Tembikai-Chenang Cluster Small Field RSC since June 2015.
The Bertantai field comprises a wellhead platform connected to a floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel, which processes and exports gas to the neighboring Angsi field via a 18.6 mile (30 kilometer) subsea pipeline before being exported onshore. First gas from Berantai commenced in October 2012.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)
Company: Vestigo Petroleum Sdn Bhd more info
- MISC's MaMPU1 to Commence Ops at Vestigo's Anjung Kecil Field Off Sarawak (Sep 30)
- PETRONAS Appoints Vestigo Operator of Malaysia's Berantai RSC (Jul 21)
- Ophir Production Cuts First Steel for Ophir Project WHP in Malaysia (Mar 08)