Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble
Singapore's Sembcorp Marine Ltd. announced Saturday that it has delivered the world’s largest jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (492' ILC) to Noble Corporation.
The newbuild is the seventh ultra high-specification harsh environment jackup -- a GustoMSC CJ70 design which meets Statoil's 'Category J' specifications and will soon be deployed to Statoil’s Mariner field development in the North Sea under a four-year charter -- that the Singapore contractor has built for Noble.
Sembcorp Marine said the Noble Lloyd Noble is the first offshore structure of its kind to fully comply with both Norwegian and UK regulatory standards and is suited for operation over a very large platform or in a subsea configuration.
"The Noble Lloyd Noble reaffirms Sembcorp Marine’s ability to continuously scale new peaks as a manufacturer of the world’s most sophisticated rigs," Sembcorp Marine President and CEO Wong Weng Sun said in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)