Marathon Oil Flows First Gas from Alba B3 Platform Off Equatorial Guinea
Marathon Oil Corp. reported Thursday that it has achieved first gas from its new Alba B3 compression platform offshore Equatorial Guinea.
The commencement of gas production from the B3 platform allows Marathon Oil to convert approximately 130 million barrels of oil equivalent of proved undeveloped reserves, more than doubling its remaining proved developed reserve base in the West African country.
"The Alba B3 compression project will allow us to maintain plateau production for the next two years, mitigating base decline, while extending the Alba Field’s life by up to eight years,” Mitch Little, vice president-Conventional said in the press release.
The Alba B3 compression project involved engineering and construction in four countries with Heerema Fabrication Group serving as the general contractor, while an Equatorial Guinean construction firm fabricated the platform flare and bridge structures as part of Marathon Oil’s commitment to building local capacity within the country.
Marathon Oil’s wholly owned subsidiary Marathon E.G. Production Limited holds around 65 percent operating interest in the Alba Field, while Noble Energy, Inc. owns the remaining 35 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
- Deal Of The Month: Noble Energy Marches Out of Marcellus in Full $1.9B Exit (May 31)
Company: Marathon Oil Corp. more info
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- Marathon Oil Cuts Capital Budget After Posting Quarterly Loss (Aug 02)
- Marathon Oil's Loss Smaller Than Expected On Higher Crude Prices (May 05)