Quadrant Spuds Roc-2 Well in Permit WA-437-P in North West Shelf

Carnarvon Petroleum Ltd. disclosed Monday that Quadrant Energy, field operator of the WA-437-P exploration permit in Australia's North West Shelf, has commenced drilling July 9 the Roc-2 well in the block to appraise the Roc gas-condensate discovery in the Caley section. 

The firm added that Roc-2 drilling aims to prove a volume above the minimum economic field size and to establish potential flow rates for future development planning, while the secondary goal seeks to explore the hydrocarbon potential of the deeper Milne member.

Quadrant Energy will take around 60 days to drill the Roc-2 well down to a total depth of around 17,224 feet (5,250 meters), including the cutting of 394 feet (120 meters) of core, before an evaluation program, covering wireline logging and flow testing to be carried out over 40 days, is undertaken.

Quadrant Energy has an 80 percent operating interest in WA-437-P exploration permit, with the remaining 20 percent held by Carnarvon Petroleum.



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  Petronas: LNG Train 9 in Sarawak Moves... (Jan 23)
 -  Xodus Wins Apache North Sea Well Contr... (Jan 23)
 -  FAR: SNE 5 Appraisal Well Spuds Offsho... (Jan 23)
 -  Scottish Government Reveals New Subsea... (Jan 20)
 -  SOFF Secures Services Contract for Jan... (Jan 20)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Rig Moving Class A Truck Driver
Expertise: Rig Mover|Truck / HGV Driver
Location: Midland
 
U.S. Zanesville: Sr Field Engineer - Directional Drilling
Expertise: Directional Driller
Location: Zanesville, OH
 
United States Canonsburg: Service Manager
Expertise: Customer Service|WellSite Supervisor
Location: Canonsburg, PA
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.23/BBL 0.46%
Light Crude Oil : $52.75/BBL 0.62%
Natural Gas : $3.24/MMBtu 1.25%
Updated in last 24 hours