Aibel Bags Modification Contract from Woodside for Nguijma-Yin FPSO
Norway's Aibel disclosed Friday that its Singapore unit has been awarded the exploration and production (E&P) contract for modifications on Woodside Energy Ltd.’s Nguijma-Yin floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) off Western Australia.
The contract, under which the FPSO will undergo modifications to the topsides, hull and turret, along with installation of a new Custom Water Flood module, covers both detailed marine and topsides engineering and procurement services as well as commissioning services.
Aibel said the Greater Enfield Project will engage more than 100 employees at its peak, with work executed by its Singapore office in Singapore. Work on the contract is expected to commence in July, with completion scheduled for January 2019.
Reserves in Greater Enfield, located 37 miles (60 kilometers) off Exmouth in Western Australia, will be produced via a 19 mile (31 kilometer) subsea tie-back to the Ngujima-Yin FPSO facility, located over the Vincent oil field.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Aibel AS more info
- Statoil Awards Aibel Snorre FEED Study (Dec 16)
- Aibel Secures Troll C FEED Contract (Nov 30)
- Aker, Aibel Win Contracts Worth $600M for Dvalin Work, Offshore Norway (Oct 04)