Lundin Completes Edvard Grieg Acquisition
Lundin Petroleum AB has completed the acquisition of an additional 15 percent interest in the Edvard Grieg field, PL338 and interests in associated pipeline assets, from Statoil Petroleum AS.
In consideration for the acquisition of these assets, Lundin Petroleum has issued 27,580,806 new shares of Lundin Petroleum to Statoil ASA. In addition, Lundin Petroleum has transferred 2,000,000 shares held in treasury and issued 1,735,309 new shares to Statoil ASA in exchange for a cash consideration of approximately $64 million.
Statoil ASA now owns approximately 68.4 million shares of Lundin Petroleum, representing 20.1 percent of the 340,386,445 issued and outstanding shares of Lundin Petroleum.
Lundin Norway AS is the operator of PL338 with a 65 percent working interest. The partners are OMV Norge with 20 percent and Wintershall Norge with 15 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)