Statoil to Keep Fields Operating Even if Norway Oil Workers Strike
OSLO, June 29 (Reuters) - Statoil will initially keep oil fields operating even if negotiations set for June 30 to July 1 fail to avert a strike that would halt output at others, the Norwegian Oil and Gas Association (NOG) said on Wednesday.
Workers at five fields operated by ExxonMobil, Engie and BASF unit Wintershall could walk off the job from July 2 if wage talks fail.
That would cut Norway's output of oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGL) by about seven percent, data from Norway's Petroleum Directorate shows.
Trade unions said on Monday 755 workers could walk out, potentially affecting work on seven fields that account for about 17 percent of Norway's crude oil and natural gas output.
NOG on Wednesday said eight fields in total would be affected, but output would only be affected at five of them.
It cautioned that the three Statoil fields could be forced to also halt output if any strike that occurs is expanded.
A final round of mandatory talks will be hosted by a state mediator on June 30 and July 1.
(Reporting by Stine Jacobsen and Terje Solsvik; editing by Jason Neely)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
- Guyana-Suriname Basin Emerges as a Hotbed of Oil, Gas Exploration (Nov 17)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)