SapuraKencana Inks Deal to Sell Gas from Malaysia's B15 Field to PETRONAS
SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad (SKPB) reported Monday that its upstream subsidiary SapuraKencana Energy Sarawak Inc. (SKE) has signed June 23 the SK310 Upstream Gas Sales Agreement for gas produced from the B15 field located offshore East Malaysia to national oil company Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS).
Facilities for the B15 gas development comprise a central processing platform with a 22 mile (35 kilometer) gas evacuation pipeline to be tied into the existing infrastructure. The field, which was discovered in December 2010 and will deliver gas to the Malaysia Liquefied Natural Gas (MLNG) complex in Bintulu, Sarawak, is scheduled to commence production in the fourth quarter of 2017.
“I would like to thank PETRONAS and the SK310 JV (joint venture) partners for their efforts in getting the project to realization. The SK310 UGSA marks SKE’s first participation in a Gas Sales Agreement for East Malaysia,” Shahril Shamsuddin, president & Group CEO of SKPB, said in the press release.
SKE operates Block SK310 PSC, which was awarded by PETRONAS June 17, 2008, with a 30 percent interest. PETRONAS Carigali Sdn. Bhd. -- PETRONAS' upstream arm -- owns 40 interest, while Diamond Energy Sarawak Sdn. Bhd., a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation, holds the remaining 30 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
- JERA's New LNG Contract With Petronas Foretells Smaller, Shorter Deals (Oct 25)
- PFI: Petronas, Aramco Seeking $8B For Malaysian Project (Oct 25)
Company: SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)