AWE Scraps Plans to Sell Cliff Head Oil Field in WA's Perth Basin to Elixir
AWE Ltd. informed Elixir Petroleum Ltd. Thursday that the proposed sale of a 57.5 percent working interest in the Cliff Head oil field in the Perth Basin, Western Australia would not proceed after the firm agreed to dispose of the stake to a third party.
"The Board of Elixir is disappointed that AWE chose not to engage with Elixir about the status of its sale process until this late stage," Elixir said in the press release.
Elixir added that it will continue to review and assess other oil and gas production opportunities in conjunction with maintaining its focus on the conventional Petra Project in Colorado.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Elixir Petroleum Ltd. more info
- Triangle Energy Buys Cliff Head Oil Field Offshore Perth Basin for $2.4M (Jun 21)
- AWE Scraps Plans to Sell Cliff Head Oil Field in WA's Perth Basin to Elixir (Jun 16)
- Elixir Continues Talks to Acquire 57.5% Stake in WA's Cliff Head Oil Field (Mar 16)