Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October
Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Bhd reached an agreement with PPL Shipyard Ltd., a subsidiary of Singapore's Sembcorp Marine Ltd., to defer delivery of newbuild jackup Perisai Pacific 102 (400' ILC) to end October, the company disclosed Friday in a filing on local stock exchange Bursa Malaysia.
"The delivery date is now revised to a date no later than Oct. 31. The parties have further agreed that the Company shall bear no more cost for the Perisai Pacific 102 from April 1," Perisai said.
Perisai and PPL Shipyard have also agreed to take the opportunity to seek and evaluate any options for the jackup that may arise during this period.
Malaysia's Perisai placed the order for the jackup in late 2013, prior to the downturn in the global oil markets that commenced in the second half of 2014.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)
Company: Perisai Petroleum Teknologi Bhd more info
- Bondholders of Malaysia's Perisai Reject Extension of Maturity Date (Oct 04)
- Malaysian Banks Brace For Profit Hits As O&G Firms Restructure Debt (Sep 26)
- Malaysia's Perisai Gets 6 Months Charter Extension for FPSO Perisai Kamelia (Aug 22)