Saipem Secures New Drilling Contracts
Saipem has been awarded new drilling contracts and extensions to existing contracts in Portugal, Norway, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan and Latin America, with a cumulative value of approximately Euro 150 million ($170 million).
Among the awards is a contract with Eni Portugal B.V. for the utilization of the Saipem 12000 (UDW drillship) during the third quarter of 2016 and a contract with Eni Norge for the Scarabeo 8 (UDW semisub), which has been extended up to October 2017.
In onshore drilling, Saipem has been awarded new contracts by a number of different clients relating to land drilling rigs in South America, Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan and Morocco. The contracts will start during 2016 and have terms that vary from two months to two years.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
- Mexico And Indonesia Could Be Next Up For Eni's Asset Sales (Oct 27)
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)