NPD Grants ENGIE Drilling Permit Offshore Norway
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted ENGIE E&P Norge AS a drilling permit for well 36/7-4, located offshore Norway in production license 636.
Well 36/7-4 will be drilled from the Transocean Arctic (midwater semisub) drilling facility, after it concludes the drilling of wildcat well 31/7-1 A for Faroe Petroleum Norge AS in production license 740. The permit is contingent on the operator securing all permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
ENGIE E&P Norge AS is the operator of PL 636 with an ownership interest of 30 percent. The other licensees are Idemitsu Petroleum Norge AS (30 percent), Wellesley Petroleum AS (20 percent) and Tullow Oil Norge AS (20 percent). Well 36/7-4 will be the first well to be drilled within the license area.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
- Faroe: Bone Exploration Well in Barents Sea Spud (Jan 12)