Rosenberg Secures Fabrication Contract for Johan Sverdrup
Rosenberg WorleyParsons AS has secured a contract for the fabrication of three bridges and two flare towers for the Johan Sverdrup project.
Under the contract, which is valued close to NOK 600 million ($72 million), a bridge between the riser platform and the drilling platform and one flare tower will be delivered in 2018, with the remaining two bridges and one flare tower being delivered in 2019.
“Stavanger is put on the map as a key fabrication and assembly site for Johan Sverdrup when the contract for three bridges and two flare towers are awarded to Rosenberg WorleyParsons. This is an important delivery for the Johan Sverdrup project, and we look forward to a close collaboration in Stavanger in the time ahead. The project execution is progressing as planned,” said Johan Sverdrup project director Kjetel Digre in a Statoil statement.
The project has so far awarded contracts totaling close to NOK 60 billion (7.1 billion), with a Norwegian share of more than 70 percent.
Statoil is the operator of Johan Sverdrup with an interest of 40.0267 percent, Lundin Norway holds a 22.6 percent share, Petoro holds a 17.36 interest and Det norske oljeselskap and Maersk oil hold 11.5733 percent and 8.44 percent stakes, respectively.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)