Lundin Receives Edvard Grieg Acquisition Approval from Energy Ministry
The Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy has granted Lundin Norway AS approval to acquire an additional 15 percent interest in the Edvard Grieg field, and interests in associated pipeline assets, from Statoil Petroleum AS.
Following the approval, Lundin Petroleum now expects to complete the transaction June 30, 2016.
The Edvard Grieg field is located in the Utsira High area in the central North Sea. The field’s gross 2P reserves are estimated at 187 million of barrels of oil equivalents and gross plateau production is expected to be 100,000 barrels of oil equivalents per day.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)