Sembcorp Marine Delivers Newbuild Maersk Highlander to Maersk Drilling
Singapore's Sembcorp Marine Ltd. reported Monday the delivery of a high-specification jackup Maersk Highlander (400' ILC) -- known formerly Hercules Highlander (400' ILC) -- to Maersk Drilling's unit Maersk Highlander UK Ltd.
Maersk Drilling revealed Friday that it had acquired the jackup from a subsidiary of Hercules Offshore for $190 million, with the rig to be deployed in the Culzean Field Development in the UK sector of the North Sea.
Construction of the jackup commenced at Sembcorp Marine's subsidiary Jurong Shipyard in September 2014 and was completed on schedule.
“Other than an outstanding safety record, the successful Maersk Highlander project reinforces Sembcorp Marine’s solid reputation as an efficient and reliable rig builder, supported by strong production capabilities as well as highly competent project management and technical personnel. As a technology-driven company, we are constantly seeking ways to innovate and offer the most effective solutions to our customers,” Sembcorp Marine President and CEO Wong Weng Sun said in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Sembcorp Marine more info
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)