Santos Spuds AAL-4Z Appraisal Well in Indonesia's Offshore NW Natuna PSC
AWE Limited reported Monday that the Operator of the Northwest Natuna Production Sharing Contract (PSC), Santos Limited, has confirmed that the AAL-4X appraisal well has been spud successfully at 20:00 hours (8.00pm) AEDT May 14.
As at 09:00 hours (9.00am) AEDT Monday May 16, the well was at 656 feet (200 meters) Total Vertical Depth Sub Sea (TVDSS) in a 24 inch hole. The AAL-4X well will be drilled to a planned maximum total depth of 4,042 feet (1,232 meters) TVDSS and is forecast to take approximately 48 days to complete. The well is being drilled in water depth of approximately 236 feet (72 meters) using the jackup Raniworo (345' ILC).
The Northwest Natuna PSC is located offshore Indonesia and includes the Ande Ande Lumut (AAL) oil project. The AAL project comprises the K Sand reservoir (101 million barrels gross recoverable oil, net 24.3 million barrels of 2P Reserves to AWE) and the underlying G Sand reservoir.
The AAL-4X appraisal well is targeting the G Sand reservoir, which is estimated to contain 289 million barrels gross oil in place with 36 million barrels gross recoverable oil (net 10 million barrels 2C Resources to AWE). Appraisal of the G Sand will facilitate the preparation of Plan of Development for this resource, which could be developed in conjunction with the already approved K Sand development.
The Joint Venture partners in the Northwest Natuna PSC are:
- AWE Limited (via subsidiaries) - 50.00 percent
- Santos Limited (Operator) - 50.00 percent
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)