NPD Grants Wintershall Drilling Permit for North Sea Well
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Wintershall Norge AS a drilling permit for wellbore 35/11-19 S, located in production license 248 F in the North Sea.
Well 35/11-19 S will be drilled using the Borgland Dolphin (mid-water semisub) facility after it completes the drilling of wildcat well 35/8-6 A for Wintershall Norge AS in production license 248. Wintershall is the operator of PL248 F with an ownership interest of 40 percent. Other licensees are Origo Exploration Norway AS, which holds a 20 percent interest, and Petoro AS, which holds the remaining 40 percent stake.
The NPD permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing drilling activities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)