Term Sheet: Seadrill Sells Stake In Sapurakencana Petroleum For $198M
Norwegian rig firm Seadrill Ltd. has sold its 8.2 percent stake in Malaysia's Sapurakencana Petroleum Bhd for $198 million, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters on Thursday.
Seadrill sold 490.3 million shares at 1.58 ringgit per share, a 10.7 percent discount to Sapurakencana's closing price of 1.77 ringgit on Wednesday, the term sheet shows.
Seadrill confirmed the sale of its remaining stake in Sapurakencana in a regulatory filing.
A person familiar with the matter said the deal was more than two times covered.
Morgan Stanley was the sole global co-ordinator for the sale. Maybank was the co-bookrunner.
(Reporting by Anshuman Daga; Editing by Kenneth Maxwell)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)
Company: SapuraKencana Petroleum Bhd more info
- SapuraKencana: Short-Term Industry Outlook Uncertain (Dec 08)
- Malaysia's SapuraKencana Posts 7.1% Gain in 2Q FY17 PAT to $27M (Sep 29)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)