Transocean, Jurong Shipyard Reach Deal to Defer Delivery of 2 Drillships
Transocean Ltd. reported Tuesday that it has reached an agreement with Singapore-based Sembcorp Marine Ltd.'s subsidiary, Jurong Shipyard Ptd Ltd., to defer the delivery and related final payments of two dynamically positioned ultra-deepwater drillships.
The proprietary Jurong Espadon 3T designed rigs – Transocean Espadon TBN1 (UDW drillship) and Transocean Espadon TBN2 (UDW drillship) – are now targeted for delivery during the first and third quarter of 2020.
Earlier, Jurong Shipyard was schedule to deliver the two drillships to Transocean in the second quarter of 2019 and in the first quarter of 2020, respectively.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Sembcorp Marine more info
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)