NPD Grants Statoil Drilling Permit for North Sea Well
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil Petroleum AS a drilling permit for well 30/11-13, located in in the North Sea.
Well 30/11-13 will be drilled from the Songa Delta (mid-water semisub) drilling facility in production license 035. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator of the license with an ownership interest of 50 percent. Det norske oljeselskap AS is also a licensee, holding the remaining 50 percent stake.
Production license 035 was awarded in the 2nd licensing round on Nov. 14, 1969. This is the thirteenth exploration well to be drilled within the license area. The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing drilling activities.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)