Cairn Spuds SNE-4 Well Offshore Senegal
The SNE-4 well, offshore Senegal, has been spud by Cairn Energy plc, according to the company’s joint venture partner, FAR Limited.
The well, which is 3 miles south-east of the SNE-1 discovery, will appraise the eastern extent of the field and aims to increase the contingent resource base of the SNE field.
SNE-4 well is located in 3,083 feet of water depth and will be drilled to a total depth of 9,908 feet. Operations at the well, which will be drilled and logged, are expected to take approximately four weeks to complete.
Commenting on the latest exploration development offshore Senegal, FAR Limited said in a company statement on its website:
“This further appraisal well in the SNE field will assist in progressing towards confirming the commercial viability of the field.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- India Plans Larger Oil Auctions as Modi Pursues Import Cuts (Sep 14)
- Cairn Energy: SNE-5 Appraisal Well Hits Oil, Gas (Mar 07)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: FAR Limited more info
- FAR: SNE 5 Appraisal Well Spuds Offshore Senegal (Jan 23)
- FAR Refutes Claims that it cannot Farm Into Djiffere Block (Dec 01)
- Two Appraisal Wells to be Drilled at SNE Field in 2017 (Nov 25)