Aker Solutions Secures Subsea Services Contract with Petrobras
Aker Solutions has secured a contract with Petrobras to provide maintenance and other services for subsea facilities at the energy firm’s operated oil and gas fields offshore Brazil.
The contract is for a fixed term of three years, valued at $121 million, and may be extended by another three years. It covers maintenance, storage, supply of parts and technical assistance for all subsea equipment delivered by Aker Solutions to Petrobras in Brazil.
Commenting on the deal, Aker Solutions Chief Executive Luis Araujo said in a company statement:
"Brazil is a key global offshore market. We have a nearly four-decade presence in the country and are committed to finding solutions to help Petrobras develop its petroleum resources in the most efficient and sustainable manner possible."
Aker Solutions is in April opening a new subsea manufacturing center in Curitiba, doubling its local production capacity. The company is also upgrading its subsea services unit in Rio das Ostras to better meet customer demand.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- CEO: Brazil's Petrobras Could Bid On More Blocks In Pre-Salt Auction (Oct 24)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)