Fugro Lands ROV Services Contract from ONGC
Fugro, the Netherlands-based geotechnical, survey, subsea and geoscience service provider, reported Wednesday that it has been awarded a contract by Indian oil and gas company, Oil and Natural Gas Corp. Ltd. (ONGC), for the provision of remotely operated vehicle (ROV) services on board the Sagar Vijay (mid-water drillship).
The contract, which was signed at ONGC’s offices in Mumbai, involves providing support for deepwater drilling operations off the east coast of India, in depths up to 2,953 feet (900 meters).
A range of tasks will be performed by Fugro’s FCV ROV, including seabed surveys, monitoring of subsea drilling operations, guideline cutting and reinstallation, remote intervention and AX/VX ring gasket installation. Services also include setting up regular fluid injection, drilling re-entry, bullseye checks and routine video monitoring, inspection and cleaning on and around the BOP.
Fugro will also provide drill support tooling during the 18-month project, which is expected to commence in May.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)