Woodside to Supply LNG to Pertamina for 15-20 Years
Australia's Woodside Petroleum Ltd. reported Wednesday that its unit Woodside Energy Trading Singapore Pte Ltd. has signed a Heads of Agreement (HOA) with Indonesia's national oil company PT Pertamina (Persero) to supply approximately 0.5 to 1.0 million tons of liquefied natural gas (LNG) a year from the firm's LNG portfolio for a period of 15 to 20 years.
"The HOA remains conditional upon the negotiation and execution of a fully termed LNG sales and purchase agreement and obtaining all necessary approvals (including the relevant Woodside and Pertamina board approvals)," Woodside said in a press release.
Indonesia's domestic energy consumption rose 43 percent between 2003 and 2013 and the government intends to raise natural gas' share of the energy mix to around 22 percent by 2025, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: PT Pertamina more info
- Pertamina's Upstream Arm Produces 15% More Oil, Gas Than Planned (Sep 19)
- Andalas Joins Pertamina in Commercializing Marginal Gas Fields in Indonesia (Sep 02)
- Indonesia Encourages More Exploration, Development Activities in its Waters (Aug 31)