Inpex Asked to Submit Indonesia's Abadi Project POD Using Onshore LNG Plant
Japan's Inpex Corp. received a notice Monday from the Indonesian government informing the operator to submit a plan of development (POD) based on an onshore plant for the Abadi liquefied natural gas (LNG) Project in the Arafura Sea, located in eastern part of the country.
The notification is in response to the revised POD submitted Sept. 3, 2015 by Inpex to Indonesian government proposing a floating LNG (FLNG) plant, with an annual LNG processing capacity of 7.5 million tons, for the Abadi Project.
"The company will carefully examine the contents of the notification, and intends to work closely with the Indonesian government authorities aiming for the early start-up of development," Inpex said in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Shale Leader Discusses the 'Non-Moonshot' (Oct 17)
- Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV (Oct 11)
- Refinery Blazes to Dent Shell 3Q Earnings (Oct 05)