Premier Oil Appoints Former Fairfield CFO
Premier Oil plc has appointed former Fairfield Energy Chief Financial Officer Iain Macdonald to its board as an independent non-executive director and member of the audit and risk committee, with effect from May 1.
David Lindsell, currently chairman of Premier's audit and risk committee, will stay on the board and act as chairman of the audit and risk committee throughout the forthcoming external audit tender process, which is likely to take place in the fourth quarter of this year. Macdonald will take on the role of chairman of the committee upon the retirement of Lindsell, which is anticipated to be at the company's 2017 annual general meeting.
Prior to his latest role, Macdonald spent 30 years at BP plc in a variety of engineering, licensing, business management and finance roles culminating in 3 years as deputy group CFO. On leaving BP in 2010, he joined Fairfield Energy plc as CFO where he served until 2014. Macdonald is currently a non-executive director and chairman of the audit committee at SUEK plc.
Premier Oil Chairman Mike Welton commented in a company statement:
"I am delighted to welcome Iain to the board and am absolutely confident that his experience and skills will be of enormous value to the board and the company as a whole."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)