Royal Boskalis Awarded Johan Sverdrup Services Contract
Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V. has been awarded a contract by Samsung Heavy Industries for the transportation of three topside modules of a riser platform and the topside of a processing platform for the Johan Sverdrup project, offshore Norway.
Under the contract, which carries a value of approximately $40 million, the three riser platform modules will be transported in the first half of 2018. The transportation of the topside of the processing platform is expected to take place in the first half of 2019.
Johan Sverdrup is one of the five biggest oil fields on the Norwegian continental shelf with expected resources of between 1.7 and 3 billion barrels of oil equivalent. The project is a joint development by Statoil, Lundin Norway, Petoro, Det norske oljeselskap and Maersk Oil.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V. more info
- Royal Boskalis Awarded Johan Sverdrup Services Contract (Apr 01)
- Boskalis Takes Delivery of White Marlin Semisub Heavy Transport Vessel (Feb 12)
- Dockwise Bags $275M Module Transport Services Deal for Wheatsone Project (Dec 26)