ADNOC, OMV, Occidental Sign Exploration Agreement in UAE
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), OMV, and Occidental Petroleum have signed an agreement to conduct a four-year seismic, drilling and engineering work program for exploration, appraisal and potential field developments in Abu Dhabi.
The agreement covers several undeveloped oil and gas fields in North-West Offshore Abu Dhabi including the Ghasha and Hail areas. Under the contract, OMV and Occidental will contribute personnel and technical expertise for the project, which aims to form the basis for the future development of the North-West Offshore area.
Commenting on the agreement, OMV CEO Rainer Seele said in a company statement:
"We are pleased to expand our cooperation with ADNOC, together with Occidental, through the appraisal of a number of undeveloped fields which are of strategic importance to ADNOC. This cooperation will further strengthen our already excellent partnership with ADNOC."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Occidental 3Q Profit Beats Forecasts On Rising Oil Prices (Nov 01)
- HOW COOL IS THAT! Young West Texas Plant Manager (Oct 24)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (ADNOC) more info
- ADNOC Pushes Ahead With IPO After Emaar Sale (Nov 20)
- Middle East Oil Producers Turn to Crude Trading to Boost Incomes (Sep 29)
- Statoil Among Firms Seeking Stakes in Abu Dhabi Offshore Blocks (Sep 25)