NPD Grants Wintershall Drilling Permit in PL 248
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Wintershall Norge AS a drilling permit for well 35/8-6 S, which is located in production license 248 offshore Norway.
Well 35/8-6 S, which will be drilled from the Borgland Dolphin (mid-water semisub), is the fourth exploration well to be drilled within the area covered by the permit. Wintershall is the operator of the license with an ownership interest of 60 percent. Petoro AS holds the remaining 40 percent stake.
The permit is contingent upon Wintershall having secured all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling starts.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)