Sembcorp Marine Says Noble Lloyd Noble on Schedule for 2Q 2016 Delivery
Sembcorp Marine Ltd. indicated Wednesday that Noble Corp.'s jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (492' ILC), which was damaged in an incident while undergoing construction at Jurong Shipyard's Tanjong Kling Yard in Singapore, remained on schedule for delivery in the April-June quarter.
"Sembcorp Marine is as well working with our customer, Noble Corporation, to assess the damage to the Noble Lloyd Noble. We believe the damage to be minor and that the rig’s scheduled delivery in the second quarter of 2016 will not be affected," a Sembcorp Marine spokesman said in an email response to Rigzone.
The jackup sustained damage in an incident on Feb. 28 at 3.40pm local time when a shore crane at Sembcorp Marine Tanjong Kling Yard was lifting a bundle of scaffold planks from the newbuild jackup Noble Lloyd Noble to the quayside. During the lifting operation, the boom of the said shore crane came into contact with another crane on the jackup, damaging the latter, according to the spokesman.
The damaged crane is located in an isolated area of the jackup, with no personnel present at the time of the incident. However, three male workers -- two from India and one from Bangladesh -- nearby and onboard the Noble Lloyd Noble sustained minor injuries in the incident. Two of the workers were discharged after treatment at a hospital while the other was certified well at another hospital.
Sembcorp Marine is monitoring the condition of the injured workers, while also assisting the Ministry of Manpower with the investigation of the incident.
"All workers onboard the Noble Lloyd Noble at the time of the incident were promptly evacuated from the rig to the quayside via four gangways and accounted for by Sembcorp Marine’s Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) team," the spokesman said.
Meantime, the company said that work is continuing on all other projects at Sembcorp Marine Tanjong Kling Yard.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)