Noble Lloyd Noble Jackup Sustained Damage at Singapore's Jurong Shipyard
Noble Corporation reported Tuesday that Noble Lloyd Noble (492' ILC) sustained damage Feb. 28 following the collapse of a shipyard crane boom operating near the newbuild jackup currently under contruction at a shipyard in Singapore.
"Damage appears to be confined to one area of the rig, including damage to one of the rig's cranes," Noble said in a press release.
Noble said the jackup is in the final stages of construction at Jurong Shipyard, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sembcorp Marine Ltd., and completion was planned for the second quarter of this year. Noble Lloyd Noble will then mobilize to the North Sea upon delivery to commence a 4 year assignment with Norway's Statoil during the third quarter of 2016, with "the contract stipulating a commencement date of no later than March 1, 2017."
Noble revealed that "a thorough rig damage assessment is required before a revised schedule of delivery and contract commencement can be determined."
Meanwhile, the incident at Jurong Shipyard has resulted in minor injuries to certain shipyard personnel and the Ministry of Manpower in Singapore has commenced an investigation into the cause of the incident. Noble said access to the jackup is limited during the initial phase of the investigation.
Rigzone has contacted Sembcorp Marine for comments on the incident, but a company official has not responded so far.
Jurong Shipyard bagged the $596 million contract from Noble to build the jackup in May 2013.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: Noble Corporation more info
Manages 28 Offshore Rigs
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers World's Largest Jackup Noble Lloyd Noble (Jul 18)
- Oil Industry Maintains Country Club Culture During Downturn (May 23)
- Freeport to Pay Noble $540 Million to Not Use 2 Oil Rigs (May 10)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)