SacOil to Reshuffle DRC Block III Interest

SacOil announced Tuesday that it intends to reorganize its indirect participating interest in the Democratic Republic of Congo’s Block III, in order to have “direct” line of sight to the activities of the block, according to a company statement.

Semliki currently has a direct 18.3 percent participating interest in Block III alongside partners Total E&P RDC (66.7 percent) and the DRC government (15 percent). Semliki is currently 68 percent directly owned by RDK Mining Proprietary Limited with the remaining 32 percent held by DIG. RDK is a wholly owned subsidiary of SacOil whose effective interest in the asset is 12.5 percent.

The proposed reorganization will separate the respective interests of SacOil and DIG in Block III via a change in ownership of Semliki. SacOil has formed a new wholly owned subsidiary, SacOil DRC SARL, which will be directly owned by RDK. Semliki will dispose of a 12.5 percent participating interest in the PSC, and a proportionate interest in the Block III Joint Operating Agreement and Exploration Permit, to SacOil DRC for a nominal cash consideration. Concurrently Semliki will repurchase the entire shareholding of RDK in Semliki for a nominal cash consideration, resulting in Semliki becoming a wholly owned subsidiary of DIG.

Semliki will also assign a portion of its future rights and obligations under the farm-out agreements to SacOil DRC, with the consent of Total. This assignment represents a transfer of SacOil’s rights and obligations attached to the 12.5 percent effective participating interest in the PSC now held through SacOil DRC pursuant to the disposal. 

SacOil and DIG will retain their respective participating interests of 12.5 percent and 5.87 percent in Block III after the reorganization. SacOil and DIG concluded the transaction agreements implementing the reorganization on February 29, 2016. Closing is subject to all necessary approvals being procured.

Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!


Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.


Our Privacy Pledge

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at
 -  Hurricane Spuds North Sea Halifax Well... (Jan 16)
 -  Inpex, ADNOC Agree to Extend Offshore ... (Jan 16)
 -  Jesse Norman to Take on Full Energy Br... (Jan 13)
 -  CNOOC Starts Penglai 19-9 Output (Jan 13)
 -  Report: CHC to Shut Down Bergen Base, ... (Jan 13)

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Business Development Director - Midstream Services
Expertise: Business Development|Operations Management
Location: Houston, TX
Project Manager, Oil and Gas
Expertise: Budget / Cost Control|Planner / Scheduler|Project Management
Location: Harvey, LA
Case Specialist II Job
Expertise: Business Analyst|Legal|Regulatory Compliance
Location: Denver, CO
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.45/BBL 0.99%
Light Crude Oil : $52.37/BBL 1.20%
Natural Gas : $3.42/MMBtu 0.88%
Updated in last 24 hours