CNOOC Invites Bids for 18 Offshore Exploration Blocks in China
China National Offshore Oil Corp. (CNOOC) invited foreign companies to submit bids for offshore oil and gas exploration blocks in the country, the firm said in a press announcement Wednesday.
The Chinese state-owned company is offering 18 blocks in the tender, spreading over an area of 20,281 square miles (52,257 square kilometers) offshore China.
CNOOC indicated that it will be flexible in negotiating contracts with bidders relating to terms and conditions of the exploration period, relinquishment and payment on the signature fees if the blocks are located in deepwater, deep play structure as well as high temperature and high pressure (HTHP) structure.
Interested companies should approach CNOOC to schedule a visit to the Data Room in Tianjin, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Zhangjiang, where they can purchase relevant information of the offshore blocks offered in the tender from Feb. 24 to June 30.
The offshore blocks offered by CNOOC in the tender are:
- Blocks 11/03，11/09 and 06/36 in Bohai Bay Basin
- Block 24/17 in South Yellow Sea Basin
- Blocks 26/18, 28/06，14/21，29/24，41/24，42/12，43/08，55/05 and 44/07 in Pearl River Mouth Basin (East)
- Block 50/13 in Yinggehai Basin
- Blocks，53/23，64/03，53/34 and 53/36 in Qiong Dongnan Basin
The closing date for bid submissions is Oct. 31.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)