Africa Oil Completes Ethiopia Farm-out Deal with Maersk Oil
Africa Oil Corp. announced Tuesday that it has completed a farm-out deal with Maersk Olie og Gas A/S in relation to the South Omo and Rift Basin Blocks in Ethiopia.
The transaction, which was previously announced November 9, 2015, saw Africa Oil receive a payment of $12.8 million from Maersk Oil. Following the deal, Africa Oil and Maersk Oil each hold a 25 percent interest in the Ethiopia Rift Basin and a 15 percent interest in Ethiopia South Omo.
Africa Oil CEO Keith Hill commented in a company statement:
"We are very pleased to have completed our farm-out to Maersk Oil. We feel Maersk Oil will be an excellent partner in terms of technical and financial strength.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Africa Oil Corp. more info
- Africa Oil, Partners To Begin Drilling New Kenya Wells In Dec (Nov 15)
- FirstEnergy Expects Crude Oil Price to Hit $70 in 2018 (Jun 23)
- Africa Oil Corp: Kenya Resource Base Increases (May 10)