Cape Secures Contract from SHI for Shell's Prelude FLNG Facility
UK's Cape plc disclosed Monday that it has secured a contract with Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) in South Korea for the installation of insulation to the Cryogenic Pipework on the Process Topside on Shell’s Prelude Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) facility.
The Prelude FLNG facility is a global project with the key location for fabrication being in Geoje, South Korea. SHI’s shipyard is where the substructure and topsides are currently under construction and is one of the few dry docks in the world large enough to undertake the fabrication. Once complete, the Prelude FLNG facility will be moored 295 miles (475 kilometers) north-east of Broome in Western Australia. The Prelude FLNG facility is 1,601 feet (488 meters) long, 243 feet (74 meters) wide and along with its contents, will weigh around 600,000 tons. It will be the largest floating offshore facility in the world.
Commenting on the contract award Joe Oatley, chief executive of Cape, said "I am delighted that Cape has been able to secure this contract and that we will be further developing our relationship with Samsung Heavy Industries. Prelude will be the world’s largest FLNG facility and we are proud to be involved with such a prestigious project."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Cape PLC more info
- Cape Secures Contract from SHI for Shell's Prelude FLNG Facility (Feb 23)
- Cape, OLIO Forms JV to Tap Business Opportunities in Malaysia (Jan 08)
- Cape-UGL JV Bags Services Contract from Woodside in Western Australia (Nov 02)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Shale Leader Discusses the 'Non-Moonshot' (Oct 17)
- Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV (Oct 11)
- Refinery Blazes to Dent Shell 3Q Earnings (Oct 05)