Barakah's Unit PBJV Bags Subcontract for PETRONAS' PFLNG1 Facility
Malaysia's oil and gas services provider Barakah Offshore Petroleum Berhad reported Tuesday that its wholly-owned subsidiary company, PBJV Group Sdn Bhd (PBJV), bagged a subcontract from PETRONAS Floating LNG 1 (L) Ltd. (PFLNG) for offshore work on a floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) facility.
Under the contract, valued at $4.5 million (MYR 19.1 million), PBJV will carry out engineering, procurement, installation and related activities for the FLNG Offshore Works, comprising PFLNG post-installation activities and on-board hook-up, commissioning and start-up activities (Package No. 3) of PETRONAS FLNG from December 2015 to October 2016.
The FLNG plant -- to be located offshore Sarawak/Sabah, Malaysia -- will gather gas from several fields and is equipped to process 1.2 metric tons per annum.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
- JERA's New LNG Contract With Petronas Foretells Smaller, Shorter Deals (Oct 25)
- PFI: Petronas, Aramco Seeking $8B For Malaysian Project (Oct 25)
Company: Barakah Offshore Petroleum Berhad more info
- PBJV Bags Contract from PETRONAS Carigali for Work Off East Malaysia (Aug 26)
- Malaysia's PBJV Clinches $9.4M T&I Contract for SKO Field Off Sarawak (Jul 28)
- PBJV Clinches Contract from Murphy for Work Offshore Malaysia (Jun 14)