In Salah Gas Brings Southern Fields Algeria Project Online
In Salah Gas, a joint venture between Sonatrach, BP and Statoil, announced Tuesday the start-up of its Southern Fields project in Algeria.
The project is the latest stage in the development of seven gas fields in central Algeria. The In Salah Gas joint venture commenced production in 2004 from three fields in the north of the area - Krechba, Teguentour and Reg – and the Southern Fields project involves the development of four dry gas fields - Gour Mahmoud, In Salah, Garet el Befinat and Hassi Moumene. Developing the Southern Fields will maintain planned production at 317 billion cubic feet per year.
Commenting on the start-up, BP North Africa Regional President Hesham Mekawi said in a company statement:
“The safe start–up of Southern Fields is an important example of the strength and quality of the longstanding partnership between Sonatrach, BP and Statoil and is evidence of BP’s continued commitment to invest in Algeria. I am pleased to congratulate the team at In Salah Gas on this significant achievement that will sustain production for years to come.”
The drilling of 26 planned southern field wells began in 2014 and is planned to continue until 2018. The project’s scope includes a new 500 million standard cubic feet per day gas dehydration central processing facility close to Hassi Moumene, brownfield modifications to existing processing facilities at Reg, Teg and Krechba, 93 miles of carbon steel export pipelines, 99 miles of 13 percent chrome corrosion resistant alloy infield flowlines and the drilling and tie in of the 26 new wells.
Production is planned to ramp up to 500 million cubic feet per day as wells in the Hassi Moumene and Garet el Befinat field are brought on line over the next two months.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Sonatrach more info
- Algeria's Sonatrach Chief Urges Oil Industry Reforms (Sep 18)
- Algeria's Sonatrach To Boost Output From Rhourde El Baguel Field (Sep 18)
- Total Signs New Deal With Algeria's Sonatrach And Settles Earlier Disputes (Apr 10)