Niko Closes Sale of North Ganal PSC Offshore East Kalimantan to Ophir
Canada's Niko Resources Ltd. reported Wednesday that its subsidiary holding an interest in the North Ganal Production Sharing Contract (PSC), located offshore East Kalimantan, Indonesia, has closed the sale to Ophir Energy plc, the company said Wednesday in its release of results for the third quarter of fiscal 2016 ending Dec. 31, 2015.
Niko will gain a net cash consideration of $1.5 million from the sale of its interest in the Eni-operated North Ganal PSC after working capital adjustments, but the proposed sale of its "interest in one additional Indonesian PSC (North Makassar Strait) will not proceed under mutual agreement of the parties," the firm said in a press release.
The Calgary-based firm closed its Indonesian office and discontinued operating activities related to its remaining Indonesia PSCs in the second quarter of fiscal 2016.
Niko revealed that as of Dec. 31, 2015, its exploration subsidiaries that previously held interests in Indonesian PSCs had $62 million of accounts payable and accrued liabilities as well as $139 million of recorded liabilities for unfulfilled exploration work commitments.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- KrisEnergy Spuds Bangora-6 Development Well in Bangladesh's Block 9 (Sep 05)
- ICSID Orders Petrobangla to Pay Niko $35M It Owed for Gas Deliveries (May 31)
- Reliance Said To Revive Offshore India Gas Project By End-2017 (May 27)
Company: Ophir Energy more info
- Ophir Energy Cuts Cost; Eliminates Staff (Jul 12)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Ophir to Borrow $1.2B from Chinese Banks for Fortuna Floating LNG (May 08)