Sound Energy Granted Option to Acquire Onshore Moroccan Interest

Sound Energy has been granted an option to acquire a 55 percent interest in the Meridja permit, onshore Morocco by Oil & Gas Investment Fund S.A.S (OGIF).

Meridja is adjacent to Sound Energy's existing Tendrara license and covers a 3,474 square mile area. OGIF currently holds a 75 percent interest in a reconnaissance permit over the Meridja area with the remaining 25 percent held by Morocco's Office National des Hydrocarbures des Mines.

As consideration for the option, Sound Energy will pay OGIF $100,000 and will conduct and fund early stage commitments under the reconnaissance permit up to a maximum of $200,000. On exercise of the option, Sound Energy would pay OGIF a further $150,000 and would carry OGIF and ONHYM for costs up to the end of a first Meridja exploration well. The reconnaissance permit, which was recently successfully extended by OGIF, has an expiry date of August 1, 2016.

James Parsons, Sound Energy's CEO commented in a company statement:

"Following our entry into Morocco last year, we have moved quickly to build our regional position further in a highly prospective area. The option secures exclusive access to a key permit adjacent to Sound Energy's existing Tendrara license and will enable us to increase our upside potential significantly should the first well at Tendrara be as successful as we hope. The transaction further demonstrates our strong partnership with OGIF and further consolidates our position as a leading onshore operator in Morocco."



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Ma... (Jul 22)
 -  LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from ... (Jul 22)
 -  NauticAWT, ENRA Sets Up JV to Tap Busi... (Jul 22)
 -  Australia's Santos Post 2Q 2016 Sales ... (Jul 22)
 -  Total Signs Agreement to Supply LNG to... (Jul 22)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Regional Manager - Saybolt
Expertise: Executive|Operations Management|Surveying
Location: Linden, NJ
 
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis
Expertise: Executive|Financial Analyst|Financial Audit
Location: Florida, United States
 
Project Manager - Gas Distribution
Expertise: Project Management
Location: California, United States, CA
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $46.2/BBL 2.05%
Light Crude Oil : $44.75/BBL 0.42%
Natural Gas : $2.69/MMBtu 1.50%
Updated in last 24 hours