Total Continues Drilling at Antelope-6 Well in PNG's Gulf Province
InterOil Corporation reported Friday that it has been advised by Total E&P PNG Limited (Total), operator of Petroleum Retention License 15 (PRL15) in the Gulf Province of Papua New Guinea, that the Antelope-6 appraisal well encountered top reservoir within expectations at approximately 6,811 feet (2,076 meters) true vertical depth sub-sea (TVDSS).
Preparations are underway to run the 9.625 inch liner before drilling ahead into the reservoir section.
The Antelope-6 appraisal well is located 1.2 miles (2 kilometers) east-south-east of the Antelope-3 well and is designed to provide structural control and reservoir definition on the eastern flank of the Antelope field. Antelope-6 was spud Dec. 23, 2015 and has a proposed total depth of approximately 8,084 feet (2,464 meters) TVDSS.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: InterOil Corporation more info
- Exxon's South Pacific Gas Grab Derided By InterOil's Founder (Jul 26)
- Oil, Gas Companies Tighten Cash Flow at Expense of Future Growth (Jul 26)
- Oil Search Won't Counter Exxon Bid For Gas Explorer InterOil (Jul 21)