Beach Energy Completes Udacha-1 Well Stimulation, Flow Test in Cooper Basin
Rawson Resources Limited disclosed Wednesday the successful completion of the fracture stimulation and flow test of the Udacha-1 well in the Udacha license (PRL 26) in the Cooper Basin, South Australia.
Halliburton successfully completed the fracture stimulation Jan. 13, with flow test production commencing Jan. 15. Following five days of post fracture stimulation clean-up flow, a stabilized flow rate of 1.7 million standard cubic feet a day was achieved through a choke size of 24/64 inch at 650 pounds per square inch (psi) over a 24 hour period.
The Udacha Joint Venture is now assessing plans to proceed with connecting the Udacha-1 well into the nearby Middleton production facility. Once on stream, Udacha-1 will provide long term revenue to Rawson and its joint venture partners.
Rawson Resources holds a 10 percent interest in the PRL 26 (Udacha) Joint Venture, alongside Beach Energy (15 percent - Operator) and Drillsearch (75 percent) and looks forward to announcing the commencement of production from Udacha.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Makes $31M in Annual Savings Through Merger with Drillsearch (Apr 27)
- Australia's Beach Energy Completes Merger with Drillsearch Energy (Mar 01)
- Australia's Federal Court Approves Beach Energy-Drillsearch Energy Merger (Feb 18)
Company: Beach Energy Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Beach Energy Completes Callawonga-12 Well Drilling in Cooper Basin (Aug 25)
- Beach Energy Spuds Callawonga-12 Well in South Australia's Cooper Basin (Aug 18)
Company: Rawson Resources Ltd. more info
- Beach Energy Flows First Gas from Udacha Field in Cooper Basin (Jul 11)
- Rawson's Unit Acquires Moira, Gains Stake in PPL 391 in Papua New Guinea (Jul 01)
- Papua New Guinea Awards Petroleum Prospecting License 549 to Rawson (Jun 30)