Statoil Enlists Aker for Johan Castberg FPSO Concept Study
Aker Solutions announced Tuesday that it has been enlisted by Statoil to provide a concept study for a floating production, storage and offloading facility for the Johan Castberg oil field development in the Barents Sea.
The financial value of the agreement was not disclosed by either party, although Aker stated that this figure will be booked as part of the company's first quarter order intake. The Statoil-operated Johan Castberg field is located around 150 miles northwest of Hammerfest.
Per Harald Kongelf, head of Aker Solutions' Norwegian operations, commented in a company statement:
"We've worked with Statoil for two years on finding a cost-effective solution that will enable development of this strategically important oil field in northern Norway. The costs have been significantly reduced and we look forward to continuing to work with Statoil to optimize this development."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)