Golar LNG and Schlumberger Ink MOU
Golar LNG Ltd. announced Friday that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Schlumberger Ltd. to co-operate on the global development of greenfield, brownfield and stranded gas reserves.
Under the Memorandum, Golar and Schlumberger have agreed to jointly market gas monetization solutions to owners, investors and governments. Golar will contribute the Floating LNG (liquefied natural gas) assets and technology while Schlumberger, via its special project management division, will provide upstream development knowledge, resources and capital. The intention of this integrated offer is to gain access to a wide range of uneconomic gas reserves by delivering low-cost LNG production solutions.
This is a ground breaking agreement that will provide resource holders with a completely integrated package both reducing risk and securing financing for gas projects. The main aim of the venture is to accelerated the time it takes to bring proven gas reserves into production.
Both parties have initiated their activities and have already made solid progress expecting to announce the first project within the next two months.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
Company: Golar LNG more info
- Ophir Holdings, OneLNG to Establish JOC for Fortuna Project (Nov 10)
- Golar GenPower, ExxonMobil Sign LNG Supply Deal for Power Project in Brazil (Mar 07)
- Golar LNG and Schlumberger Ink MOU (Jan 25)