Cue Updates on Drilling at Te Kiri North-1 Well in NZ's Taranaki Basin

Cue Energy Resources Limited provided Tuesday an update on the Te Kiri North-1 well in permit PEP 51149, located onshore Taranaki Basin, New Zealand.

Field operator Todd Energy Limited indicated that the well, which reached a total depth of 15,187 feet (4, 629 meters) MDRT (Measured Depth Rotary Table) as at Jan. 19 within the Turi Formation, encountered hydrocarbon shows in the Miocene Mt Messenger formation.

"A wireline logging suite was run to evaluate the section ... (and) the logs indicated low reservoir quality and the decision was made not to further evaluate the zone," Cue Energy said in the press release, adding that the completion of the Te Kiri North-1 well fulfils the firm’s remaining obligations in the permit.

The operator -- which has an 80 percent interest in PEP 51149 -- has commenced plug and abandon operations at the well, while Cue Energy's subsidiary Cue Taranaki Pty Ltd. holds the remaining 20 percent stake.



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  Petrofac Suspends Group Chief Operatin... (May 25)
 -  EnQuest On Track For Kraken First Oil ... (May 25)
 -  Energean Signs Lease Agreement for Exp... (May 25)
 -  Seadrill CEO Praises Workforce (May 24)
 -  Serinus Shuts-In Sabria Field Due to S... (May 23)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Equipment Operator - San Antonio
Expertise: Coil Tubing|Driller|Production Operator
Location: San Antonio, TX
 
Frac Supervisor - TX, ND, WY & OK
Expertise: WellSite Supervisor
Location: El Reno, 
 
United States Bossier City: Service Supervisor I - Frac/Acid
Expertise: Field Service Tech|WellSite Supervisor
Location: Bossier City, LA
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.46/BBL 4.63%
Light Crude Oil : $48.9/BBL 4.78%
Natural Gas : $3.18/MMBtu 0.90%
Updated in last 24 hours