Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe
Singapore's Sembcorp Marine Ltd. (SCM) reported Monday the delivery of the accommodation semisubmersible vessel Safe Zephyrus to its customer Prosafe in January 2016.
Safe Zephyrus is the second offshore accommodation semisubmersible vessel that Sembcorp Marine has built for Prosafe. The first vessel, Safe Boreas, delivered to Prosafe on January 2015, has been operating successfully for both the customer and its charterer.
Both the Safe Boreas and Safe Zephyrus are built to the GVA 3000E design utilizing GVA’s extensive semisubmersible design experience. The vessels are equipped with DP3 (dynamic positioning) systems and 12 point wire mooring arrangement for operations in harsh environments, providing maximum cost efficiency and flexibility.
Built to comply with stringent Norwegian and UK regulations, the accommodation units can house 450 men in single cabins and incorporates glass atriums that provide natural light to the central cabins, mess room and recreational areas.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: Sembcorp Marine more info
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)