Chariot Commences 3D Seismic Program Offshore Namibia
Atlantic margins-focused energy company Chariot Oil & Gas Limited has, along with its partners, commenced a 3D seismic acquisition survey of approximately 1,000 square miles in Blocks 2312 and 2412A offshore Namibia.
The survey is being conducted by PGS Exploration (UK) Limited and will fulfil the work commitment for the central blocks. Following the analysis of a prior survey of approximately 1,000 miles of 2D seismic data, acquired on the north western flank of the license in 2015, Chariot Oil & Gas identified several “significant” leads within the Upper Cretaceous deep water clastic turbidite system, according to a company statement.
Commenting on the latest seismic survey, a Chariot Oil & Gas statement said:
“Whist there are drill ready prospects already identified in the central blocks, this 3D survey will enable Chariot and its partners to mature these new leads and further develop its inventory in this region, which it believes to contain giant prospectivity. The survey is expected to take approximately 40 days.”
Chariots survey partners comprise, AziNam, NAMCOR and Ignitus.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Chariot Commences 3D Seismic Program Offshore Namibia (Jan 18)
- OMV Enters Namibian Exploration Project (Apr 03)
- Eco Atlantic Inks Joint Operating Agreements for Offshore Namibia (Jan 28)
Company: Chariot Oil & Gas Limited more info
- Chariot Oil & Gas Exits Mauritania License (Jun 16)
- Chariot Oil & Gas Limited Reduces Personnel, Payroll (May 10)
- Eni Enters Offshore Morocco Exploration Permits (Mar 30)