FAR Updates on Drilling at SNE-2 Appraisal Well Offshore Senegal
Australia's FAR Ltd. provided Thursday an update on drilling at the SNE-2 appraisal well in the SNE oil field offshore Senegal.
The first SNE oil field appraisal well SNE-2 began drilling in the Senegal Sangomar Deep Offshore Block Nov. 4 and it reached its planned total depth of 9,268 feet (2,825 meters) TVD (total vertical depth) Dec. 3.
Coring and wire line logging operations have been completed. Preliminary data which has confirmed the SNE-1 discovery and are in line with pre-drill expectations. Preparations to test the well are currently in progress (drill stem tests).
3D Seismic Program
FAR has also been advised by the Operator that the acquisition of the seismic survey over the Sangomar and Rufisque blocks has been completed and the Polarcus Adira seismic vessel has been demobilized. Final processed products from the survey are due to be delivered in 3Q 2106.
Senegal JV partners: Cairn Energy plc (Operator) 40 percent, ConocoPhillips 35 percent, FAR 15 percent and Petrosen 10 percent.
FAR Managing Director Cath Norman said:
“We are very pleased with the SNE-2 well progress achieved to date by the Ocean Rig Athena (UDW drillship) and the drilling management team. Overall, SNE-2 has been drilled, cored and logged ahead of schedule and we are now looking forward to delivering results from the evaluation program.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- India Plans Larger Oil Auctions as Modi Pursues Import Cuts (Sep 14)
- Cairn Energy: SNE-5 Appraisal Well Hits Oil, Gas (Mar 07)
- AkerBP, Cairn Energy Make Jefferies Top Pick List (Jan 09)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
- For ConocoPhillips, Harvey A Test Of Remote Operations (Sep 07)
Company: Petrosen more info
- ConocoPhillips Confirms FAR Holds Pre-Emption Right for Senegal Project (Aug 23)
- Kosmos Energy Makes 'Significant' Gas Find Offshore Senegal (Jan 27)
- SNE Appraisal Program Offshore Senegal Continues with SNE-3 Drilling (Jan 19)
Company: FAR Limited more info
- FAR: SNE 5 Appraisal Well Spuds Offshore Senegal (Jan 23)
- FAR Refutes Claims that it cannot Farm Into Djiffere Block (Dec 01)
- Two Appraisal Wells to be Drilled at SNE Field in 2017 (Nov 25)