RGU's Oil & Gas Institute Makes Key Appointments
Aberdeen's Robert Gordon University announced Monday that it has added two staff to its Oil & Gas Institute.
RGU said that Peter Howell has been named as the institute's new Drilling & Wells Excellence Manager while Kevin Docherty has been appointed as Commercial Manager.
Howell joins RGU from TAQA, where he was a wells manager. He has more than 30 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, which includes roles at BP, Noble Drilling and Applied Drilling Technology International.
Docherty was previously Business Acquisition Lead at Saipem's Sonsub division in Aberdeen.
Commenting on the appointments, Professor Paul de Leeuw, Director of RGU's Oil and Gas Institute, said:
"We are delighted to welcome both Peter and Kevin to RGU and particularly to these two key positions within the Oil and Gas Institute.
"The Institute provides a vital link between the oil and gas industry and RGU's teaching and research staff, and we are excited about the experience Peter and Kevin will bring to these roles.
"While the oil and gas industry is facing a challenging time, it is vital that we continue to invest in its future and these are the first in a number of positions that we are recruiting for at the Institute.
"RGU is well established as a leader in oil and gas teaching, training, innovation and research and now, more than ever, we must react to the needs of the industry and ensure that we play our part in maximizing the economic recovery of the UK Continental Shelf."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Energy Co.(TAQA) more info
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)