Edvard Grieg Field Begins Production
Wintershall announced Monday that the Lundin-operated Edvard Grieg oil field, located in the Norwegian North Sea, has begun production.
This is second development with Wintershall participation to be brought into production in Norway in 2015. In March, the Knarr Floating Production, Storage and Offloading unit operated by BG Group began producing in the North Sea. Situated around 110 miles west of Stavanger in the Utsira High Area of the North Sea, Edvard Grieg is estimated to hold reserves of 187 million barrels of oil equivalent.
Bernd Schrimpf, managing director of Wintershall Norge, commented in a company statement:
“With the start of production of the Edvard Grieg field, Wintershall has shown once again that we are a major player on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. While adding to our total production in Norway, we have helped, alongside the operator and our other partners, to bring an important regional project to production on time and to budget. This is an important landmark for us as we focus on bringing our own discoveries such as Maria and Skarfjell to production in the coming years.”
Since 2012, Wintershall’s production in Norway has risen from around 3,000 barrel of oil equivalent per day to more than 60,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Lundin holds a 50 percent interest in the Edvard Grieg license, OMV holds a 20 percent interest and Statoil and Wintershall each hold a 15 percent interest.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Flags Higher 3Q Margins, Kurdistan Windfall (Oct 13)
- Gas Pipeline Through Central Europe to Go Ahead As Planned -Romania (Sep 28)
- Austria's OMV Moves Workers In Tunisia Over Gas Field Protests (May 04)
Company: Lundin Petroleum AB more info
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)