Australian O&G Industry Body APPEA Re-elects Bruce Lake as Chairman
The Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA) announced Friday the re-election of Bruce Lake as chairman and Richard Owen as vice chairman of the Board following its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Thursday Nov. 26 in Perth, Western Australia.
Bruce Lake, the managing director of Vermilion Oil and Gas Australia Pty Ltd., has been a long-term director on the APPEA Board. He is acknowledged as an industry leader in health, safety and operations.
The Board has also voted to extend the tenure of Richard Owen – chairman, ExxonMobil Affiliates in Australia – as APPEA’s vice chairman.
Lake and Owen were first elected to these positions after APPEA’s November 2014 AGM.
Following the APPEA Board election, the Association’s Directors are as follows:
- Bruce Lake (chairman), Vermilion Oil and Gas Australia Pty Ltd
- Richard Owen (vice chairman), ExxonMobil Affiliates in Australia
- Michael Abbott, Woodside Energy Limited
- Brett Darley, Quadrant Energy
- Ernie Delfos, Eni Australia Ltd.
- Claire Fitzpatrick, BP Developments Australia Pty Ltd
- Gerry Flaherty, Chevron Australia Pty Ltd.
- Doug Handyside, BHP Billiton Petroleum Pty Ltd.
- Seiya Ito, INPEX
- Grant King, Origin Energy Limited
- Frank Krieger, ConocoPhillips Australia Pty Ltd.
- Andrew Smith, Shell Australia Proprietary Limited
- Peter Stickland, MEO Australia Limited
- Eric Streitberg, Buru Energy Limited
- Petter Undem, Total E&P Australia
- Brett Woods, Santos Limited
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- APPEA Says Great Australian Bight Exploration Vital for Jobs, Investments (Sep 16)
- APPEA: New Australian Exploration Spending Data is an Urgent Wake-Up Call (Sep 06)
- Australia's Gas Paradox: Supply Crunch Looms Despite Rich Reserves (Aug 15)